APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Intramural Sports Program
TITLE: Employee Programmer
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director for Intramural and Club Sports
Position Summary: The Intramural Employee Programmer will be responsible for assisting the Assistant Director for Intramural Sports with all activities dealing with intramural staff. Intramural Staff may include the following: scorer/timers, officials (paid and class), and supervisors.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit, Hire, Train, and Develop Officials and Scorer/Timers for all assigned activities and events
- Organize and maintain an employee file for each employee, including hours worked by all officials and scorer/timers both “Paid" and “Class”
- Develop staff training packets to include rules, phone lists, and other information prudent to each activity
- Create power point presentations to assist in the training of all intramural staff
- Responsible for creating and posting a weekly schedule for all officials and scorer/timers for your assigned activities
- Maintain daily and weekly hours by sport for all employees, submit weekly hours report to the Associate Director of University Recreation
- Complete daily walk-through of all bulletin boards to ensure that current schedule and other relevant information is posted properly
- Assist with all publicity concerns for employees.
- Plan, Implement, and Conduct all Officials and Scorer/Timers training clinics
- Plan and Conduct all employee meetings and prepare agendas for each meeting with items to be discussed
- Attend all Team Representative meetings and assist with communicating rules to all participants
- Attend all weekly Supervisor and Programmer meetings
- Hold daily office hours as scheduled with the Assistant Director for Intramural and Club Sports
- Spend at least one night a week evaluating and working with officials and scorer/timers.
- Provide the Assistant Director for Intramural Sports with two written evaluations per employee per semester
- Attend all championship games for your active sports unless in class or working for UREC
- Maintain supervisor clipboards for each assigned activity including schedules, manuals, phone lists, Daily Activity Reports, etc
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Fact Folder for each assigned activity
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Intramural Sports and Club Sports or the Associate Director of University Recreation
- One or more years experience with the Intramural Sports Program.
- Experience in officiating two or more sports within the Intramural Sports Program.
- Certifications in CPR-PR, AED, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens. (Provided if needed)
To Apply: Applications are available online, at the Quinn, Mt. Mitchell LFC or the SRC. Please submit application with cover letter and resume, to the main office of the SRC. For more information please call 828-262-2100.
updated 10/14 ECS