Supervisor Job Description
APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY
Intramural and Club Sports Program
TITLE: Activity Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director for Intramural Sports & Club Sports
Position Summary: The Activity Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the daily activities of the Intramural Sports Program and the Club Sports Program. Activity Supervisors will be required to work nights and some weekends.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the total operation of assigned facility and activities
- Report to the UREC Office at the scheduled time and pick up all necessary items to include proper keys, supervisor clipboard, field/court clipboards, radio(s), pens, first aid fanny pack and any other appropriate equipment
- Leave UREC Office at designated time to ensure arrival at facility at designated time
- Ensure safety of all employees that you transport in the University Vans
- Complete Daily Activity Report form to include check-in and check-out of all employees, recording statistical totals for each hour, and any other pertinent information relevant to your shift.
- Ensure that all scoresheets are completed properly and collected
- Oversee the check-out and check-in of equipment to participants
- Perform initial walk-through of facility to check safety of playing surface, unlock all restroom doors, and unlock access gate for access in the event of an emergency.
- Assign all employees to the proper field/court, observe and evaluate all employees and participants, and ensure that games are running on time
- Monitor facility by making rounds to ensure fields/courts remain playable and safe, and to turn on and off lights at the appropriate time
- Respond to all injuries and properly complete an Injury Report form
- Respond to and handle all protests and ejections and properly complete all forms
- Perform closing walk-through of facility to pick up all trash and leave the facility clean, lock all doors and gates and turn off all lights
- Return to UREC Office after scheduled shift to return all necessary items to include proper keys, supervisor clipboard, field/court clipboards, radio(s), pens, first aid fanny pack, and any other appropriate equipment
- Place all completed forms in their proper box in the UREC Office
- Attend and assist in conducting all assigned officials/scorer-timer clinics unless in class or working for UREC
- Attend all scheduled weekly supervisor meetings on time and come prepared
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Intramural Sports & Club Sports and Associate Director of University Recreation
- One or more semesters experience with the Intramural Sports Program
- Certifications in CPR-PR, AED, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens (Provided if needed)
- ASU Van Driving Certification (Provided if needed)
To Apply: Applications are available online, at the Quinn, Mt. Mitchell LFC or the SRC. Please submit application to the main office of the SRC. For more information please call 828-262-2100.
updated 10/13 ECS