Captain's Sign-Up Instructions
All IM sports and activities will accept registrations via IM Leagues. You can only register for a sport/activity once it is open. (Captains/participants can create an account at any time). See imsports.appstate.edu for specific opening/closing dates and other information.
Captains must have their team signed up in a league prior to the end of the registration period to be eligible for participation. Other Captain duties and responsibilities can be found at www.imsports.appstate.edu .
To create an IM Leagues account:
*For website problems, click on the live support button at the bottom right hand corner of the page.
- Go to www.imleagues.com/appstate.edu
- Click “Create Account” in the top right hand corner
- Fill out the information requested
- Log in using your AppState Email and password (only use @appstate.edu, not @email.appstate.edu)
- Activate your account with the email from IM Leagues *Make sure you join our school!
To sign-up for an Intramural Sport:
- Click on the “Appalachian State University” link to go the school’s homepage on IM Leagues
- Current sports offered will be displayed; scroll until you find the sport you are interested in
- Click on the sport you wish to join
- You will not be able to sign up for a sport until the registration for that specific sport begins
- Choose the league(s) you wish to participate in (Men’s, Women’s and/or Co-Rec)
- You may only participate in one gendered and one co-rec league
- Choose the division you wish to participate in (Pro or Semi-Pro) by clicking the “Register/Sign-up”
- Click “Create Team”
- Read and sign the informed consent
- Decide on your team. (The team name must be appropriate and something you would tell your mother/grandmother. Cannot include profanity, sexual innuendo, drug/alcohol reference, etc. IM Sports Office will change any inappropriate team names)
- Decide whether you would like to “Auto-Accept Members.” If you click this box, any participant in the system can add to your team, if they wish to join
- Decide your Team Status- whether you are looking for players or not looking for players. (This will help Free Agents know which team needs players)
- Enter in your telephone number and carrier. You may also click the box that will allow you to receive weather/emergency texts from IM Sports
- Invite members to join your team by clicking on the “Invite Members” link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to join your team. (Their name will appear on your roster once accepting)
- Already registered for IM Leagues: Search for name and then invite
- Not on IM Leagues: Scroll down to the “Invite by Email Address” box and follow the steps from there
- Once you have registered for the sport, make sure you read everything under the “Sport Description”. *Some Sports require a mandatory meeting which could result in a $25 fine if you do not attend.
WARNING: YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SPORT COULD RESULT IN PHYSICAL INJURY, WHICH COULD BE SERIOUS OR FATAL! APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR INJURIES RECEIVED DURING INTRAMURAL SPORTS ACTIVITIES. STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF ARE REMINDED THAT INTRAMURAL PARTICIPATION IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY. IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL PARTICIPANTS HAVE A PHYSICAL EXAMINATION AND SECURE ADEQUATE MEDICAL INSURANCE PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION.
UREC Hotline: (828) 262-UREC
Twitter: @app_intramurals; Facebook: Appstate Intramurals
Assistant Director: Erin Sanders; email@example.com