About App State IM Sports
Intramural Sports offers the opportunity for students to compete against their peers in a friendly and structured environment. Through team sports, individual/dual activities or special events, individuals can find the activities that fit their needs. Most activities take place on the campus of Appalachian State University with a few exceptions. In all of our events, we stress sportsmanship and fair play.
UREC Foundational Beliefs:
- It is a university responsibility to promote a complete and intelligently conducted recreational program in which all students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to participate.
- College men and women are in a formative and active phase of their lives when vigorous participation in active games and recreation is necessary and beneficial.
- College students need to be encouraged to participate in wholesome recreation rather than recreation which degrades and diminishes.
- It is our responsibility to promote respect and tolerance of diversity in people.
- It is our responsibility to promote our ethic of stewardship of our facilities, equipment, and natural resources.